It is a joy to share our four Regional Ministers for ABC-Ohio. Each began their service on October 1, 2022. October through December 2022 served as a time of orientation and staff development for our new team. Rev. Jane Gibbons has retired and concluded her ministry, after serving 23 years with ABC Ohio on December 31, 2022.
The Region Board has asked that Rev. Mark Click focus his ministry on the role of the Executive Minister for ABC Ohio. He will no longer be serving in a dual capacity as Executive Minister for Administration & Denominational Relations and Regional Minister for southern Ohio.
Welcome our ABC Ohio Regional Ministers:
Rev. Dr. James Willis – Northwest Regional Minister. Dr. Willis serves as the Senior Pastor of St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church of Toledo and has served in the Toledo Area Baptist Association and for several years on the Region Board as Vice-President, President and Past-President.
Rev. Kevin Thomas – Northeast Regional Minister. Rev. Thomas serves as the Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Canton and has served in the Akron Baptist Association and Ohio Baptist Education Society.
Rev. Dr. Kevin Hairston – Southwest Regional Minister. Dr. Hairston serves as the Senior Pastor of the Living Word Bible Fellowship of Columbus and has served in the Columbus Baptist Association and as Dean of the Ohio Leadership Academy.
Rev. Mark Eaton – Southeast Regional Minister. Rev. Eaton serves as the Senior Pastor of the Porterfield Baptist Church of Little Hocking and serves as the Associate Regional Minister (ARM) for the Marietta Baptist Association.
The Region was blessed to have sixteen excellent ministers apply for the position(s) of Regional Minister. Each candidate was uniquely gifted and qualified to serve, ranging in education and experience. After much thought, consultation and prayer our candidates were selected to serve as Regional Ministers.
Please pray for Rev. Gibbons as she prepares for the next chapter of life and ministry, the new Regional Ministers, the continued ministry of the Associate Regional Ministers (ARMs), and Rev. Click as everyone transitions in our ministries – Equipping the People of God to Impact the World for Christ.
Thank you for your prayers, support and partnership in ministry, as we work together to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, make disciples and impact our world for Christ.
Information about the American Baptist Churches USA General Secretary Search is now available on the American Baptist Churches USA website. Please visit the General Secretary Search page below for more information about American Baptist Churches USA and the General Secretary Search Process, to view a position profile, and to learn more about making a nomination or applying. The position profile and required application materials will be available for six weeks, from January 17 – February 24, 2023.
Learn more here: https://www.abc-usa.org/.../abcusa/general-secretary-search/
The Retirement Celebration of Rev. Jane Gibbons at Kingwood Center Gardens on Saturday, November 5, 2022!
Reverend Calvin “Chuck” Ferrell, Jr. of Waverly WV, passed away Sunday, December 11, 2022. He pastored two churches, Gravel Hill, Fly OH and Pine Grove Baptist, Parkersburg WV. Please keep the Ferrell family in your prayers.
Born in Bedford, OH on October 3, 1947. He was the son of the late Rev. Calvin and Imogene Ferrell.
He graduated Clear Creek Baptist College and Eastern Theological Seminary before pastoring Gravel Hill and Pine Grove. In retirement he served many local churches as pulpit supply. He was always ready to lend a helping hand or listening ear to those in need.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Connie Newell Ferrell; one son Steve (Becky) Ferrell; one granddaughter Emily Ferrell; bonus grandchildren Courtney (Seth) Miller, Katie (Josh) Radabaugh; four great-grandchildren; four sisters, Pat Monroe, Sandra Lamb, Carol Wise, Cindy Knopp; and several nieces and nephews.
Please keep the Ferrell family in your prayers.
Important Dates for 2022-2023 Year
• September 10th Virtual orientation
• November 11-12 In person Intensive weekend
• January 13-14 2nd Intensive weekend all courses virtual
• March 10-11 3rd Intensive weekend all courses virtual
• May 12-13 4th Intensive In person weekend
Nominees are currently being sought for the American Baptist Churches of Ohio Region Board Treasurer.
Job Description (volunteer):
- The Treasurer is an active participant of the Executive Committee which includes the President, Vice President, Secretary, Past President and Executive Minister.
- Oversees all revenues, expenses and communicates this information to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- In cooperation with the ABC Ohio Staff as well as the Budget and Finance Committee, the Treasurer works to create the Budget Draft and present it to the Board for approval.
- In cooperation with the Senior Accountant, the Treasurer develops and presents the Annual Budget and an over view of the financial health of ABC Ohio at the Annual Gathering.
- Ensures development and Board review of sound fiscal policies and procedures.
- Acts as an official signer on the ABC Ohio bank account and works with Executive Minister and Senior Accountant on large monetary distributions.
- Oversees any financial agreements in consultation with the Finance Committee.
- Participates in revenue generation activities including cultivation and stewardship.
- Serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- In cooperation with the Board Officers and Senior Accountant, accepts responsibility for filing annual tax forms as required by the State or the IRS.
- Provides a full financial report to the Board annually.
- Ensure the protection of funds from any potential misuse by any other members of the committee.
- Participate in the Annual Auditing Process
- Works with the Executive Minister to Plan and ensure adherence to the pre-determined financial budget for the year.
Please forward possible nominees to Rev. Mark Click.