First Baptist South Zanesville Seeks Youth Minister
First Baptist Church in South Zanesville is seeking an energetic person with a strong commitment to Christ and a desire to minister to youth in grades 6-12. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a ministry-related degree and/or have experience in Christian youth ministry. We are seeking a person with the skills and desire to start a new program “from the ground up.” At present, the position is part-time (up to 15 hours per week.) Wages will be based on education/experience and the number of hours the accepted candidate is able to be employed.
To apply, forward a resume with references to Youth Minister Search Team at fbcz(at)columbus.rr.com or to First Baptist Church, 80 E. Main Street, South Zanesville, OH 43701. No telephone inquiries, please. Email only. Applicants will be forwarded a complete job description and application form.
Nominees Sought for ABC Ohio Region Board Treasurer
Nominees are currently being sought for the American Baptist Churches of Ohio Region Board Treasurer.
Job Description (volunteer):
- The Treasurer is an active participant of the Executive Committee which includes the President, Vice President, Secretary, Past President and Executive Minister.
- Oversees all revenues, expenses and communicates this information to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- In cooperation with the ABC Ohio Staff as well as the Budget and Finance Committee, the Treasurer works to create the Budget Draft and present it to the Board for approval.
- In cooperation with the Senior Accountant, the Treasurer develops and presents the Annual Budget and an over view of the financial health of ABC Ohio at the Annual Gathering.
- Ensures development and Board review of sound fiscal policies and procedures.
- Acts as an official signer on the ABC Ohio bank account and works with Executive Minister and Senior Accountant on large monetary distributions.
- Oversees any financial agreements in consultation with the Finance Committee.
- Participates in revenue generation activities including cultivation and stewardship.
- Serves as the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- In cooperation with the Board Officers and Senior Accountant, accepts responsibility for filing annual tax forms as required by the State or the IRS.
- Provides a full financial report to the Board annually.
- Ensure the protection of funds from any potential misuse by any other members of the committee.
- Participate in the Annual Auditing Process
- Works with the Executive Minister to Plan and ensure adherence to the pre-determined financial budget for the year.
Please forward possible nominees to Rev. Mark Click.
We Are American Baptist Churches of Ohio - Our Heritage & Mission
“We Are American Baptist Churches of Ohio – Our Heritage & Mission,” was produced to provide a reminder of our rich heritage, mission, and covenant. The question for our congregations, leaders and pastors is: “What does it mean for you and your congregation to be a member of the American Baptist Churches of Ohio?”
ABC Ohio on Facebook
ABC Ohio is on facebook in addition to our web presence.
Keep up with the latest news, events and information concerning ABC Ohio by clicking the "Like" button on our page.
It's easy to find us! We have our own facebook address at facebook.com/abcohio.
Judson Press Program Rewards ABC/Ohio
American Baptist Churches of Ohio has a partnership with Judson Press, National Ministries’ publishing ministry for the denomination. “Judson Press Regional Rewards” is an affiliate bookstore program that provides an easy way to generate funds for our region's ministries. Read more to find out how to participate in the program . . .