The American Baptist Churches of Ohio is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Regional Minister in each of our four regions. A potential candidate should possess the gifts, skills, and experiences necessary to serve effectively and creatively alongside an energetic staff team and among churches and leaders navigating increased cultural and ministry challenges in their region.
This is a part-time ministry position requiring 15-20 hours weekly.
For more information including qualifications and job descriptions for each Regional Minister, read more...
Regional Ministers are directly accountable to the Executive Minister.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ability to articulate a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and a sense of calling to regional ministry;
- Model a personal lifestyle and professional presence consistent with the values, beliefs and policies of ABC Ohio;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, i.e. self-awareness; communication (verbal, written and online); ability to self-differentiate in the presence of conflict or difficult situations; a sense of humor; and an ability to interact with others from a foundation of theological and biblical integrity;
- Possess a certification from an ABC region academy, Bachelors or preferably a Masters of Divinity degree or equivalent Masters degree from an accredited institution;
- A preference of at least ten years of pastoral (or equivalent ministry) experience, with a demonstrated commitment to ABC ministry, including support of ABC mission (regional, national and/or international);
- Be an ordained American Baptist minister;
- The ability to articulate commitment to the ABC Code of Ethics for professional church leaders.
ABC Ohio assumes that the successful candidate will:
- Establish residence within his/her ministry area;
- Be able to travel extensively in his/her ministry area and elsewhere as required;
- Possess good computer, internet, and social media skills;
- Be able to work from a home office;
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, including responding appropriately to communication in a timely manner.
Regional Minister Job Descriptions (click to download):
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, in the form of an email, along with the following as attachments (Word of PDF format) no later than May 31, 2022 to markclick [at] zoomtown.com :
1. A brief statement of faith, call to ministry and a sense of calling to this position;
2. A current American Baptist Personnel Services (ABPS) profile and/or a resume;
3. Signed ABCUSA Code of Ethics. (click to download)
Questions about the Regional Minister position can be directed to:
Rev. Mark Click, Executive Minister for Administration & Denominational Relations markclick [at] zoomtown.com ; (740) 587-0804.