A priority of American Baptist Churches of Ohio is equipping churches for ministry with Millennials, Screeners, and future generations. We believe that is a primary concern of ABC/Ohio congregations, too. Because of this, ABC/Ohio is offering grant resources to groups of ABC/Ohio churches and Associations to develop ministry events in their areas that will impact the lives of Millennials and Screeners.
Millennials are persons who were born between 1982 and 2004, so they are approximately 15 to 37 years of age. Screeners were born between 2005 and 2025, so they are children and youth through age 14. The proposed programs/events should be designed to impact one or both of these age groups. DOWNLOAD THE GRANT APPLICATION BY CLICKING HERE
Requirements for the Grant Proposals
• All proposals should be developed and implemented by a group of American Baptist Churches of Ohio congregations or an ABC/Ohio Association of churches. A related American Baptist organization such as Camp Koinonia, Camp Kirkwood, Heart Reach Neighborhood Ministries, and Dayton Christian Center may also be part of the group of churches or organizations planning and implementing the proposed program or event.
• Examples of programs that will be considered for funding are Middle School or Senior High Youth Events, Singles Events, Parenting Events for Millennial parents, Family Ministry Events, other Life Application or Discipleship Events for Millennials.
• All events/programs should have a Gospel/Discipleship focus.
• All events/programs should be promoted on the ABC/Ohio website and Facebook page as well as by other methods appropriate to the event. ABC/Ohio should be identified as the/a funding source for the event or program.
• $3000 has been set aside for this year’s grants. Grant applications of up to $1500 will be considered, but applications for smaller amounts will be welcome. Churches and organizations are encouraged to supplement their programs and events financially in addition to funds from the grant. An attempt will be made to distribute the awards geographically throughout Ohio if appropriate applications are received from several parts of the region.
• The application must be completed and submitted by May 1. Announcement of Awards will be made by June 1. If more appropriate applications are received than can be funded by the allotted $3000, unfunded applications will be considered in the August 15 Building on Common Ground Evangelism and Outreach grant cycle.